K-3 Support Services Teacher
I settled in Vermont with my husband and daughter in 2018 and am thrilled to be returning to my role at Mater Christi. I provide support for all of the elementary classrooms so I get the pleasure of working with every elementary student! I hold a master’s in teaching from Saint Michael’s College and an Elementary Education teaching license for grades K-6. Prior to teaching, I worked as an environmental engineer both in the US and internationally in the Peace Corps. I feel so lucky to have found my true calling in elementary education and to have found a home at MCS. Outside of work, I love exploring Vermont in all four seasons with my husband, daughter, and two pups. I particularly love to ski, ice skate, hike, and recharge my batteries outside in nature. I also play the clarinet and enjoy playing music in local bands. My husband and I are overjoyed to welcome a baby boy into our family this September! I will be returning to my role after my maternity leave in the Fall, and I look forward to another year of fun and learning with our students at MCS.
- B.S. Biological Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech
- M.S.E. Environmental Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- M.A.T. Elementary Education, Saint Michael’s College
- Peace Corps Volunteer (2013-2015), Bocas del Toro, Panama
- Elementary Education License (K-6) – State of Vermont
- Cooking, skiing, traveling, staying active outside