Today, Mater Christi School students welcomed their Grandparents and Special Friends to be honored and celebrated. Mrs. Sem’s 1st grade class, along with Mrs. McClellan and Ms. Martin’s 2nd grade classes, kicked the day off with a heartwarming prayer service. Mrs. Lyman assisted the 1st graders in making an iMovie which featured each student saying something they love or a fond memory about their grandparents. The collection of tributes was both funny and sentimental! Mrs. Lavoie, development director, compiled a slideshow of hundreds of photos of students and their grandparents. With Frank Sinatra’s “You Make Me Feel So Young” playing, it was a nice way to end the service.
The whole gym sang “Happy Birthday” to our very own, Mrs. Rock, and she was recognized as not only “the rock” of the school but also as a special grandmother as well.
Next, Mr. Loescher and Mrs. Quinlan lead all the students, grandparents and special friends in several games of Bingo. When Bingo was finished, the grandparents were able to go back to the students’ classrooms for a snack and activities prepared by the room parents and teachers.
A special thank you to…
- Our dedicated PTO and room parents for the refreshments and fall decorations especially Angela and Adam DeSanctis, Melissa and Len Steward
- Mrs. Leslie Sem, Mrs. Miranda McClellan, Ms. Betsy Martin and their students hosting the prayer service.
- Mrs. Lavoie, development director, for the slideshow and event organization
- Mr. Mark Pendergrass, Mr. Noel Boucher, Mrs. Monica Lyman, Mr. Mike Early and Mrs. Sarah Lavoie for clean-up help.
- All the other volunteers and teachers who helped with today’s events
Lastly, thank you to all the grandparents and friends who came from near and far to join us on this special day. There were many who couldn’t be here in person, but they were absolutely in our hearts.
For more photos, visit: http://materchristischool.smugmug.com/Other/Grandparents-Day-2014/