Mary Farley

Early Childhood Music Teacher and Project Manager

mfarley@materchristischool.net

Born and raised on Long Island in NY, I was educated by the Sisters of Mercy through 8th grade. My husband and I moved here with our youngest daughter (MCS class of 2022) and we’ve recently been joined by our oldest son, his wife and our two grandsons (MCS classes of 2033 and 2035 respectively). I am a licensed Music Together Director and teacher and also hold my MBA. I’ve enjoyed a wonderful corporate career and in the past few years have moved into education, full time. The joy of teaching children is magnified by working at Mater Christi, where I can also celebrate my own Catholic faith every day! I have been leading music in Masses since I was in high school (yes, a very long time!) and believe that when God gives you a gift, you share it! I enjoy all things musical, and can often be found on stage for musical theatre and cabaret work. The best part of being at Mater Christi in my dual role is that it allows me to use my business experience, my teaching experience, and I get to sing, too! 

Education
  • B.A. English, Long Island University, C.W. Post
  • MBA, International Business, Suffolk University
Hobbies
  • Singing, travel, golf